Sunday, October 10, 2010

I guess I will finally update our blog...


It has been quite a while since I updated the blog.  In the last couple months, things have been busy, mostly with Aaron working like mad which isn't very interesting.  For the most part, I feel like most days are the same, Aaron goes to work, I take care of Ethan and if we are all lucky, Aaron gets to come home from work, even more lucky if Aaron gets home at a reasonable time.  BUT, these are some of the highlights... Notice all have to do with Ethan. 

Ethan celebrated his first birthday in August and finally got a tooth a couple of weeks before.  I was starting to worry he was going to need dentures if they didn't pop out soon.  I guess though given the fact he likes to bite things it is good he didn't get teeth sooner.  How my sweet little newborn baby turned one I will never know.  It seems like this last year went by in a sleep deprived blur.  


Ethan and I went down to visit my parents for a week in late August.  It was nice to get away for a little while, but Aaron wasn't able to come.  We missed him but had a good time with Grandma and Grandpa.  


Aaron and I went on a hike one weekend, which I know doesn't sound big to most of you, but Aaron usually doesn't have time so it was nice to get up in the mountains and enjoy the fall leaves that were starting to turn.  


Finally, my baby is no longer a baby, he is a toddler.  Ethan learned to walk and is getting pretty good at it.  He also has started to throw tantrums and give dirty looks.  I am not such a fan of the tantrums, but I would get frustrated too if I couldn't tell anyone what I wanted or they told me no if they figured it out.  


Other than that, not a whole lot is new.  We are feeling more settled in our house and have started to meet some people in our neighborhood.  

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yea! New pictures!!!! Love it! We are so excited to see you guys soon!

Jeni said...

Can't believe your babe is already 1 (and a few months by now). Congrats! We loved seeing you guys over the summer and love your house. We miss you and hope you are all well!!

KathyMc said...

Love the new photos and comments on your blog! Hope Aaron's hours get better and better as he goes through the rest of his rotations this year and that Ethan continues to bring liveliness and grins into your household. Wish we lived closer so we could help more and see you more often.