Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Its just hormones
I have decided that it is Aaron's turn to have the next baby. I really don't see how women willingly want to get pregnant for a second, third, or fourth time. Maybe I will change my mind after my new little bundle of joy is so great that I am willing to go through this all again, or maybe I will just forget until it is too late and I am pregnant again (I think this is more likely, not that I don't think our baby will be great). The wealth of baby books telling you what to expect are not helpful at all either. Every week starts with some list of symptoms I am probably feeling (these have been the same symptoms I have been feeling for the last 3 months). I don't really need someone to tell me what I am feeling or to suggest new ways I may be feeling bad. I think that sometimes maybe I don't notice until someone points it out. Also, I love how everything is because of hormones, can't we come up with a better explanation? I think maybe they don't really know and so that is what they say... you grew a third eyeball, must be the hormones, your toe fell off, must be the hormones. My nausea has finally started to subside (thank goodness!) but I still just feel tired and not that great most of the time, I guess it just must be hormones. I am blaming my general crankiness and recent aversion to household chores (aka laziness) on hormones too. (Maybe this means I am having a boy and the extra testosterone has lowered my cleanliness standards)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
HAHAHAHA. I love this! At least you have an excuse for almost EVERYTHING for the next few months!
The "hormones" excuse keeps continuing after the baby is born too. Glad you're beginning to feel better. I am too. I actually had some energy today, but I went shopping instead of doing the much needed to be done chores.
LOL!!! I love what you've said, because it's all true! Blame it all on the pregnancy. I think I might have 2 kiddos and call it quits.
Honestly, how do women do this??? Glad you're feeling better, but hopefully no extremities fall off!
Lindsey, you are so funny. I am laughing extra hard because I just had an appointment last week and I have been getting these really bad headaches and guess what my doc said? "Oh, it's just your hormones" haha. That's the best they got!
You are so cute! YOu will get through it, you are amazing! Oh and I was wandering if you could have the Langstons add me to their blog because they went private! Thanks a bunch....sure miss you guys:)
One good thing about being pregnant.....blamming everything on hormones! Enjoy that while you can, once you have the baby you have to take credit for everything yourself again!
I love your take on life!! And...thanks for coming out to see how i was today on the playground. Your so great and I know you'll be feeling better soon!
-Lisa
I just found your blog today (from Manndi's) and I'm so glad I did. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for you guys. Being a parent is so much fun. A good friend wisely put it: You don't have 'kids' until you have 2. One is just an accessory that you dress up and take with you on your normal routine." Good luck with the pregnancy. I'll be praying for you.
You know what really bugs me about those baby books, doctors, classes, and everything everyone tells you about, is the fact that they all seam to end with delivery. I sure wish someone had told me about the recovery process. I didn't even think to take nursing pads to the hospital (and sanitary napkins, and food because you are still eating for two, and Tylenol because the stuff they give you isn't enough but you still can't take Ibuprofen, etc.). Let alone the 6 weeks it took me to heal. You hear all the time about preparing for your baby by stocking up on diapers and clothes and stuff, but they forget to tell you to stalk up on pads and nursing pads and drugs and food because you can't walk for a week or two and you won't be able to go to the store and your hormones are crazy and you get no sleep and all you can do is sit, sleep, and nurse the baby. It's a wonderful time of bonding and I was very happy, but I sure wish I was more prepared and informed on all this after stage of having a baby. - Just thought I'd get that off my chest.
Post a Comment