Sunday, August 21, 2011
Sometimes being a quitter feels so good.
I have never thought of myself as a quitter and usually when I commit to something I try to finish and follow through. However, this week I think I was the biggest quitter I have ever been and I feel so relieved to have done it. I decided about a month ago that I was going to go back to school and try to finish up my Ph.D. in bioengineering. I was already 4 years into it and my advisor was willing to let me come back only part time. After going in for a few days though, I just felt so strongly like I didn't want to be there and so I quit. SOOOO, I am getting my masters of science in bioengineering and am just going to be done. I am so relieved and happy. I am also really glad all I have to do is get paper work signed and that is that since I already have everything required for my MS. My boss actually offered me a job when I went in to quit so I am thinking about doing that instead. Anyways, I recommend everyone try to quit something, I should have tried it sooner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hooray for quitting! And Congrats on getting your Master's Degree!!
Congratulations! I completely agree that there are times when being a 'quitter" is the best feeling in the world. Although, you did come out with a Master's Degree in Bioengineering--so, you might just have to take a few kudos.
We LOVE quitters around here! Hooray for quitting! Congrats on getting your MS!!!
Now you guys can come visit us in DC! ;)
This sounds like a fantastic idea... I'll have to take a look at my life and see what I can quit soon :) I don't think I can top yours for the positive results though... Congrats on the Masters!
Congrats! Sometimes it feels so good to get rid of some stress!
Not many people can quit and accomplish something at the same time, you're amazing! Congratulations on your masters!
P.S. This is Melissa - I'm sure Jeff would tell you congrats too, if I saw that guy more than 4 days a month :( Aaaahhh general surgery residency....
Post a Comment