Monday, March 8, 2010

I think I may have lost it

I went to our lab meeting on Friday, there was a new undergrad that I didn't know. I introduced myself to him and he said, "Hi my name is Steve" or whatever his name actually was, I don't remember. The fact I have no clue what his name is isn't the funny part though. For some weird inexplicable reason right after he said, "hi my name is Steve", I repeated it. I said the exact same thing. Why would I do that? I don't know, it just came out. He probably thought I was making fun of him... you know, like when you are little and annoying someone by repeating everything they say. I didn't even say sorry or make an excuse after either because I was a little too shocked I had just done that. Have you ever just said something and then had no clue why you said it? If I do something totally wacky like that to you, sorry in advance. I am just more than a little stressed so I guess it is starting to show.

(As a side note, I do actually think it is pretty funny in retrospect... Hahahaha. I guess I showed him who the senior grad student is... nothing like making an undergrad extremely uncomfortable right?)

6 comments:

Angela said...

I did that the other day. We had family over for dinner, and devon's brother brought a girl that he has been on a few dates with. When they were heading out the door I told Jaylee to give uncle josh and aunt Elise a hug and kiss goodbye. I said nothing after that cause I was so embarrassed that I said it. Anyway let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you out.

Emily @ House and Hone said...

if you need anything, Let me know! I am just over in Apt 839! --EMily Hone

Manndi said...

I know what it's like to be stressed but I'm glad to say it hasn't ever been that bad. :) You are awesome for doing all you do without Aaron home! That would be so hard for me.

Lisa M said...

I know that you are stressed, but thanks for giving me a good laugh. I really needed it this fine evening! Seriously, you are so funny! I miss the village....and you guys!

Melissa said...

That's funny, sound like you gave him a first lab meeting to remember!

Cody and Lindz said...

You are so funny! You need to come hang out with us girls and all the crazy kids sometime!