(As a side note, yes, I realize my cervix isn't really getting thicker and it is likely the baby's station hasn't actually changed. I know cervical checks are highly subjective and rather meaningless but was rather annoyed anyway.)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Cervical change plus contractions equals labor right?
I am still pregnant. Yesterday I really thought I was in labor though. I started having contractions at 2:30 am and they continued into the late afternoon/early evening yesterday. They got closer together, and became increasingly painful. We reached the threshold to go to the hospital and after waiting several more hours finally went to be checked. Unfortunately according to the midwife in the labor and delivery area, nothing was happening. In fact, my cervix is getting thicker, it had almost doubled in size since Friday and the baby had apparently been getting further away from coming out and was further into my body than at any of my checks the last 4 weeks. Aaron told me that you aren't really in labor until you have contractions and cervical change. I pointed out to him that in fact I did have cervical change and contractions so I must be in labor. There was no stipulation the cervical change had to be in the right direction.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That sucks!! I hope you go into labor for real, and soon!! Tara had her baby yesterday. 7 13. No name yet!! Have you guys decided on a name?
Huge bummer. Huge. Because now? You can't have the baby until the 16th when i'm back in town.
And you'd think at this point you'd be making progress at getting that baby out! :) Hope it comes soon --- good luck! We can't wait to hear good news!
I know how you feel. I have had that with both pregnancies and this third one the false labor stuff has started even earlier. I could go on and on, but just wanted you to know that I know what you mean!
Post a Comment