Monday, June 1, 2009
A New Baby
No, it isn't what you are thinking. My baby is still safely in my stomach giving me stretch marks thank goodness. This post is dedicated to Devin and Karah, they will know why. So we had a nasty little surprise today, a couple of days ago I noticed some little shreds of paper in my trunk. I thought it was weird, but then just didn't think about it and figured maybe Aaron made some sort of a weird mess and just didn't clean it up. When I went to put my bag in my car trunk today, I thought, no, Aaron hasn't used my car in the last week and so he couldn't have made the mess. So, I lifted up the floor panel that covers the spare tire and made a gruesome little discovery. Apparently there is a hole somewhere big enough in my trunk for a rat to squeeze through. A pregnant rat mind you. I saw a mass of toilet paper and poked at it with a random glove (no, I did not put my hand in the glove) and this is what I found. A nasty little dead rat pup. I don't know if I will ever be able to use my trunk again. I guess it is a good thing that the momma rat was not still in my trunk or I may have gone into labor. Needless to say I did not put my bags in the trunk nor will I possibly ever again. Well, I went to work and got home. Luckily Aaron was home when I got there. I told him I needed a new car (I still think I need one). I think he thought that I got in an accident except for the fact I started laughing at how sick the whole thing was. Aaron being the nice husband put on some rubber gloves I use for cleaning and cleaned scooped it out the carcass and threw it away (we then threw the gloves away). We went and Aaron vacuumed out the entire car especially the trunk which we took everything out of, including the floor panel and extra tire. When Aaron took out the extra tire he found 3 more dead rat pups that he vacuumed up. I lysoled everything thoroughly, the tire, the back everything got a good coat including the floor panel on both sides and the carpeting and stuff. I figured it was about as good as I could do for sterilization of a car trunk. Needless to say that even though I will have to walk 3 times as far, I will no longer be parking our car anywhere near the bushes in the parking lot. If you zoom in on the picture, you may even be able to see the missing (probably chewed off) front leg and the big nasty tooth sticking out of its little mouth. I guess I am just glad that the temperature is hot enough that I think they cooked to death and dehydrated instead of starting to rot. I told Aaron I love him a lot more now than I did before, it is true too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Yuck!!!!
I'm glad Aaron was home and helped you to take care of the problem!
Eww Eww Eeeww! Makes me want to go check the 4 runner again, just in case...
HA! I love it! That parking lot can't be trusted. To give you encouragement they came back to my car weeks later for round two so beware. I love the story. You can't make this stuff up, its too good. I am intentionally not going to zoom in on the picture though - I don't want to see that.
Oh my heck, I think I am going to throw up. This is DISGUSTING!!!! I would never drive the car again, maybe there are more hiding in the car!!! Yuck!!
Sick Linds. The details, wow. That is just gross. I feel like throwing up. I don't know if I could've even driven it to work! Maybe so, b/c they were dead. If it were spiders, I wouldn't get near the thing again.
Gross! Good thing you have a burly husband to do the dirty work! Glad your little one is still safe inside you. We miss you guys!
Whoever took that picture should become a professional photographer.
Nastiness.
That is seriously nasty! Nice to know that having a husband does prove to be useful every once in a while! Too dang funny.
oh my goo! I seriously got the willies when I read that you had a rat in your car. I can handle spiders, even snakes, but mice or rats I turn into a little girl. Oh my, glad you got it all taken care of. Kind of funny too.
Post a Comment