Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nativity Pictures




I finally took pictures of my most recent finished craft project.  It is an applique nativity wall hanging.  It took about 3 months to finish then three more for me to be motivated enough to sew the border and binding on.  Overall I think it turned out pretty cute for my first try at applique even though it is far from perfect (that's what makes it special though right?).  I may take the border off and put on a darker color after Christmas, but for now I am just enjoying having more Christmas decorations up.  Let me know what you think.  

7 comments:

KathyMc said...

Your nativity wallhanging looks great --very professional. The pinker border brings out the cranberry and pink colors used in the hearts, Mary's clothing, the angel's gown, the shepherd's headscarf and the middle wiseman. I'm very proud of you for finishing it, especially since you've had so much going on. Way to go! Love, Mom

candace said...

That is SO much work!! It looks amazing!

Unknown said...

It turned out perfect! Aren't you glad you have annoying friends to nag you into finishing? I absolutely love it. You should make some more applique Christmas items - and teach me how!

Jason and Laura Roe said...

I think that it looks awesome! I wish that I knew how to do that!

Ashley and Zane said...

WOW! I am impressed. I think it is way cute!

Ammon and Tara said...

I am so impressed Lindsey! I wish I was crafty enough to make something like that. So cute!

Julie said...

That's impressive! Sorry we didn't get a chance to see you guys in December (well I hear Brent and Aubrie did for a second...) hope you are doing well..